The 2M 78 features an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy. The stylus' tip is a Spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm shellac records, which require a larger stylus profile. The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
2M 78 uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
Replacement stylus unit: 2M 78 (interchangeable with 2M Mono)
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4 mV
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 65 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance - 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Grey
- Cartridge weight without screws - 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit - 2M 78 (interchangeable with 2M Mono)
- Ships within 3 days