The 2M Mono features an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy. The stylus' tip features a R 18µm Nude Spherical diamond that is an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove LP vinyl records. The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The 2M Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
"The overall sound is more cohesive. There was a sense of depth in the low end that was missing with a stereo cart, and the top end was less washy, and much more focused. There is something quite magical about a mono recording like this, where everything needs its own space across the frequency spectrum to find space in the mix." - AUDIOPHILIA, September 25, 2020
Replacement stylus unit: 2M Mono (interchangeable with 2M 78)
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4 mV
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance - 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/White
- Cartridge weight without screws - 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit - 2M Mono (interchangeable with 2M 78)
- Ships within 3 days